Sunday, January 4, 2009

a year in review



just over a year ago i was on a plane flying to copake, ny with no idea what the following 365 days would hold in store for me. only a few weeks prior to flying, i was applying for the americorps and deciding that my next year would be dedicated to camphill village.

new york was my answer to a life that was turning upside-down. i craved change and culture and an inspired life. at the beginning of 2008 i was searching with all of my might to find hope in a world that so often feels lost. with every step of my feet i was looking for love, and creation, and appreciation.

arriving in camphill proved numerous expectations wrong, shocked my heart and soul and body, shoved new theories and practices into every unsaturated piece of me. and like a sponge i soaked up every bit of new in my life. i relished each experience and learned so so much. maybe more than ever before.

2008 was a year of change and as it ends i'm looking contentedly back on each little moment that somehow amounted to a year. with 2009 about to take off i resolve to wake every morning and be inspired, to live creatively and honestly, to share all that i am, and to open myself to all that the world has to teach me.

No comments: