Wednesday, March 11, 2009

that was fun. and a bit therapeutic, perhaps.

25 things about me. you can also find this on facebook. oh, thankyou facebook.
1. i love people. big small short and tall. people with pretty hearts and shiny smiles. but when it comes down to it, allll people.
2. just a few things make me happier than riding my bike around town. especially downtown boise. on the sidewalks. weaving in and out of people.
3. i blog. it feels slightly self-centered, and im nearly positive that no one reads what i write. but i like it. kind of like these 25 things...
4. art. means the world to me.
and i give away most of what i create.
i feel most inspired to create when i have a specific person in mind who will receive whatever it is that im working on.
5. im a hopelessly hopeless romantic. 
6. i have a mile long list of things i want to learn and places that i want to visit.
some included: india, basket weaving, northern part of south america and central america, linoleum block printing, screen printing, more and more and more.
7. im not very good at staying in the same place for very long. wanderlust is my life and my feet are itchy itchy itchy. that said, i adore little boise. the people, the foothills, the river. i love it all. i prefer the mountains over the beach almost any day.
8. i believe that the purpose of life is to share. my life, at least. 
to share our hearts and our thoughts, our food, our love, sometimes our money. just to share a bit of what we have with other beings. 
9. africa goes everywhere with me. riding around in this little pocket in my heart. i think about the people there several times a day. someday soon ill be back there again. 
10. i despise money. not just because i have none. but because it creates monsters of people. and makes me anxious.
11. my feet dont like shoes much. unless it's snowing youll almost always find me in sandals. flipflops, maybe.
12. im currently in the later stages of starting a community garden in downtown boise. should be a nice little addition to our sweet sparkly town. working mostly w people who dont have access to local, fresh food. and kids. lots of soul-filled, soil-covered kids. i cant wait to plant the seeds, to see flowers grow, and to know that it all started as a tiny spark inside of ME. if i had known how much work this was going to be i might not have thrown myself into it so quickly, but now that im bellybutton deep i have got to keep going. 
13. i sing in the car and in the shower and to myself when im walking down the street.
14. recently switched to an apple. and i love it. my little macbook and i are getting acquainted marvelously. just tonight i discovered a teeny tiny button on the side that makes a bunch of teeny tiny lights turn green as a measure of battery life. it's neat.
15. i want to be inspired and energized and ready-to-go every single day of my life. so far, so good. especially recently. i never want to feel the constraints of a job that i dont like. 
16. i believe that people are good and on days that my hope is dwindling there is always some random act of kindness that fills me back up. like someone pushing the extra minute button on my parking meter, or a nice person bringing home a lost dog.
17. im superstitious. not sure why. not so much the black cats and stepping on cracks. more shooting stars, fortune cookies, lucky things, and other 'signs'. no clue where that came from.
18. to me, there is almost nothing more beautiful than a thoughtful handwritten letter. i love sending mail. going to the post office. picking out cards. it is all so wonderful. 
19. my pets make me so happy. 
20. washing dishes and folding laundry are meditative for me. baking also makes me feel warm inside. 
21. i would love to walk the appalachian trail someday.
22. some say i have an old soul.
23. on some days lists keep me sane. when i write a list i feel like im emptying all of these chaotic, flying thoughts out of my brain. 
24. i do my very best work in the wee hours of the night. cleaning, reading, organizing, writing. all around 2 am. 
25. im going to start bee keeping this spring. just signed myself up to 'catch a swarm'. how scary is that? but im excited! honey, anybody?



and a hurry-up-spring recipe:

guacamole salad

1 pint grape tomatoes whole
1 yellow pepper diced
1/2 cup diced red onion
15 oz. black beans (about a can. rinsed and drained)
2 T. jalapeno
1/2 t. lime zest

1/4 c fresh lime juice
1/4 c olive oil
1 t. salt
1/2 t. black pepper
1/4 t. cayenne pepper
1 clove garlic chopped

pour liquid mixture over veggies
dice avocado and mix in to salad
YUM!

No comments: